Dog Bite Lawyer Los Angeles
Dogs are tame and friendly as pets. Nevertheless, they are prone to going rogue and attacking you when in the wrong hands. At this juncture, you’ll want to get help and receive compensation for your injury.
At Quirk Law Group, we’re passionate about our ability to provide you with the right help and advice. We will give you a dog bite lawyer in LA to guide you to the best possible result. No one wants to be injured, in pain or in the hospital with no idea how they’re going to pay for it, continue working or live their life.
Not only is the pain of being bitten bad enough but you can be liable to diseases transmitted from their mouth. We understand that dog bites can vary in severity, but we know that our compassionate and professional dog bite lawyer will see to it that you get the justice you deserve.
Dogs are great when trained, but crossing one with little training or with an abusive owner can lead to a nasty ending. You’ll only need five minutes in the capable hands of our team at Quirk Law Group to recognize that we’re in this to help you.
To find out how we can support you after a dog bite in Los Angeles, speak to one of our team today.
- An estimated 4.7 million dog bites occur in the U.S. each year
- Nearly 800,000 dog bites require medical care
- Approximately 92% of fatal dog attacks involved male dogs, 94% of which were not neutered
- Approximately 25% of fatal dog attacks involved chained dogs.
- Approximately 71% of bites occur to the extremities (arms, legs, hands, feet)
- Approximately two-thirds of bites occurred on or near the victim’s property, and most victims knew the dog
- The insurance industry pays more than $1 billion in dog-bite claims each year
- At least 25 different breeds of dogs have been involved in the 238 dog-bite-related fatalities in the U.S.
- Approximately 24% of human deaths involved unrestrained dogs off of their owners’ property
- Approximately 58% of human deaths involved unrestrained dogs on their owners’ property.
Dog Bites and Children
- 50% of dog attacks involved children under 12 years old.
- 82% of dog bites treated in the emergency room involved children under 15 years old.
- 70% of dog-bite fatalities occurred among children under 10 years old.
- Bite rates are dramatically higher among children who are 5 to 9 years old.
- Unsupervised newborns were 370 times more likely than an adult to be killed by a dog.
- 65% of bites among children occur to the head and neck.
- Boys under the age of 15 years old are bitten more often than girls of the same age.
What to Do?
Get immediate medical attention. Dog bites often lead to serious injuries or infections if not treated.
Identify the dog that attacked you. For dog bites and dog attacks, it is important to identify the dog so you can identify the owner of the dog or where the dog lives.
Report the attack. Call local animal control, or the local sheriffs or police.
Take pictures of the dog. Take pictures of all ripped, torn or bloodied clothing. Take pictures of the scene. Take pictures of all visible injuries. Document the injuries with daily pictures.
California law, California Civil Code section 3342, holds dog owners strictly liable and responsible for unprovoked attacks. Dog owners may even be liable if the dog has no prior history of attacks or past aggression.
What We Do
All dogs, regardless of their demeanor, should be carefully monitored by their owners and prevented from exposure to situations where someone may be bitten. Unfortunately, this is often not done, and people are injured. When this happens, the law demands that the victim be compensated for not only their medical expenses, but also their pain, suffering, distress, and inconvenience. We will strive to get you so compensated for your losses.
From the beginning, the Quirk Law Group will give you candid and practical answers. Unlike others, Quirk is different. We treat you like a person, and you get personalized attention and real answers.
Thank you for visiting our “Quirky” site. We look forward to hearing from you.
Contact us today to for a complimentary consultation.