By Logan Quirk
If you have recently been in a car accident in LA, your mind is probably racing. “Is it my fault?” If you are injured, you might be worried about your potential injuries and their mounting costs. If you are a driver who has hit a pedestrian or a cyclist, you are likely looking for an LA car accident attorney to help you defend yourself against charges. It’s a time of high stress.
If you or one of your loved ones has been injured in a car accident in LA, you need to know about some of the most common injuries that can occur. It is important to remember that injuries can occur to almost any part of your body, and they will be different for everyone. One of the first things that you should do is to seek medical advice at a hospital or doctor’s office. The second thing you need to do? Contact an experience LA lawyer who can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Common injuries from car accidents
- Brain and Head Injuries – Brain and head injuries are common amongst both drivers and passengers after their head is violently hit on an on object (such as the steering wheel or dashboard). Even when you do not see any visible signs of injury (such as bruises, gashes or cuts), the brain might have been jarred. This can cause internal bleeding and swelling.
- Neck Injuries – Even if the impact was not very severe, a neck injury can occur very easily. The bones of the neck are incredibly delicate, and any jarring motion can cause whiplash or even cervical dislocation.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – A car accident can cause a huge impact, and this impact can damage the spinal cord in myriad ways. Displaced bone fragments, bruised ligaments, or even torn spinal cord tissue can all cause life long pain and trauma. This can result in chronic pain, depression and even paralysis.
- Back Injuries – Like the neck, the lower back is a delicate part of the body. Even a minor car accident can wreak havoc on the tissues and vertebrae of the back. Sprains and strains, herniated discs and fractured vertebrae are all common, and they do not always show up right away. Sometimes they can take quite a while to manifest.
- Internal Injuries – Internal injuries can be the most dangerous of all, because they are not apparent on the exterior. You simply cannot tell that someone has internal injuries from looking at them. Internal injuries include fractured ribs, and damage to the bowels, kidneys, the spleen, liver, lungs, or heart. Anyone in a car accident needs to be examined by a doctor as soon as possible.
- Psychological Injuries – Being in a car accident can cause severe mental and psychological distress that can last a lifetime. Both drivers and passengers can suffer from long term psychological injuries that can dramatically decrease their quality of life.
If any of these injuries have happened to you as the result of a car accident, call the skilled attorneys at Quirk Law Group LA. We are here to give you reliable advice and guidance, and to get you the settlement that you deserve. Call or email us today.